Re-imagining the Landscape Weekend Workshops
Jon Clayton & David Kereszteny-Lewis
Burwardsley Village Hall,
Cheshire. New 2024 dates.Feb Sat/Sun 24th/25th
March Sat/Sun tbc
April Sat/Sun 27th/28th
May Sat/Sun 18th/19th
June Sat/Sun 22nd/23rd
July Sat/Sun 20th/21st
Sept Sat/Sun 21st/22nd
10am-4pm each day
Burwardsley Village Hall, Burwardsley, Cheshire.
Cost - £250.
which includes all
materials, lunch, drinks and snacks.
email - firstname.lastname@example.org or DM me on Instagram - @_jonmclaytonart
Using the landscape to explore ideas in abstraction and develop artistic process
Two-day weekend workshops based in the spacious Burwardsley Village Hall in the beautiful, Cheshire village of Burwardsley in the Peckforton Hills. A course ideal for both beginners and those with experience who are interested in playing with mixed media and exploring an artistic process.
If you have been on a workshop before or decide you would like to sign up for more than one you can bring along previous work to have time and receive tuition to develop it further.
• All materials provided
• Sketching, collaging, using artwork to develop work on canvas or wood panel.
• An introduction to intaglio printing and other printing methods to further explore ideas.
• Delicious Lunch and refreshments provided by the Poffee Cafe at Burwardsey.Course FormatDay One
- welcome and introduction, providing sketching materials and possible uses ‘out in the field’.
Using the grounds at Burwardsley Village which has great views over the Cheshire Plain or driving to nearby favourite spots to respond to the landscape .... Mindful, quick, loose, mixed media sketching producing as much material as possible on A2/A3 cartridge paper in the time available (usually about an hour and a half)
Back at the art room using our sketches to crop and collage on card/more cartridge paper or own sketchbooks if you prefer. Think about then begin to explore ideas from our studio work to a more ‘finished’ level on canvas or wood panel.Day Two
– Further work on our mixed media studies begun the day before together with exploring ideas from yesterday’s sketching session using intaglio printing, etching on Perspex and card, using the print press. There will also be opportunities to explore further using mono, hand printing.Outcomes
All participants should produce a large body of sketchbook work some of which will have been developed further, as well as number of their own prints, hot off the press!
The aim is also that you go away with ideas on a structure of working, an artistic process that can be adapted to any landscape and your studio practice.
Booking - The cost of the course is £250 including materials lunch, refreshments and materials.
Limited places first come first served basis please contact
or DM me onMy Instagram account - @_jonmclaytonart
Please pay a deposit of £50 - email for account details please.
Or my Paypal link -@Pay Pal
Full payments to be paid before start date.
We will provide lunch and refreshments but please let us know of any allergies and/or dietary requirements so we can cater for everyone. Alternatively, please say if you would prefer to bring your own.
Address –Burwardsley Village Hall,
Burwardsley, Chester, CH3 9PAOther images and details in 'Shop' section of website
Unless weather is really awful, we will be walking a short distance from the village hall. We will work on ground sheets and thick card drawing boards (provided) unless you require a folding chair that can be carried. If so, please ask to be provided (or bring your own, of course).
WORKSHOP TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Please book online by visiting course pages or email me directly (see above)
- Deposits of £50 are paid to secure your place at time of booking.
- You will be contacted 2 weeks before the start of the course for full payment.
If we cancel
- If we have to cancel the course for any reason, you are welcome to transfer deposits or full payments to a future date. Alternatively, your payments will be refunded.
If you cancel
- If you have to cancel your booking, it’s important that you let us know as soon as you can.
- If you cancel 6 weeks or more from start date. You will be refunded any payments, .
- If you cancel less than 6 weeks from start of course. We will do our best to fill your place and you will be refunded. If however we are not able to fill your place, no refund will be given. You are of course welcome to find someone to take your place as long as you send us their contact details.
No travel or accommodation costs will be reimbursed.